A. MedShift is responsible for the personal data that you share with us or that we receive about you.
MedShift LLC, (“MedShift”) is responsible for processing personal information about you that is collected or otherwise used as you use this website (“Site”). Protecting your private information is our utmost priority and we aim to earn you trust by responsibly managing your personal information.
B. Why we process your personal data
Like most companies, we process your personal data for several reasons related to our business, including:
- To complete a sales transaction;
- To honor an agreement or contract between you and MedShift;
- To personalize offerings our service offerings, websites, mobile services, and advertising to you;
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services, and our business;
- To comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements;
- To respond to reviews, requests, comments, or other feedback you provide us;
- To process an employment applications; and
- To, if necessary, prosecute or defend a legal claim.
MedShift complies with the GDPR and all European Union and Member state laws regarding data privacy and protection, to the extent required by the law. MedShift also complies with local and regional privacy laws in other countries where we do business.
C. What Data We Collect
Personal data is information relating to an identified or identifiable human being such as a national identification number, physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural, social identifiers and, in some cases, IP address or mobile device identifier.
When you visit our Site, our servers automatically store data sent by your computer’s software and internet browser, including the type and version of internet browser and operating system you use, the MedShift website and sub-websites you access, the date and time of such access and your internet protocol address (“IP address”). MedShift uses these data to provide you with access to the website in a readable form, to identify and fix any technical problems that may arise, and to prevent and, if necessary, take action against, any abuse of our services. We generally use an anonymized form of this data to analyze site statistics so that we can improve the look, user-friendliness and content of our websites. In some cases, we partner with third parties who may host or manage our websites. When these partners have access to your data, we contract with them to require that they only process your data according to our instructions and applicable law.
If you ask us to provide you with information related to MedShift products, we will process your contact information in order to do so. These data are used for purposes of sending you promotional materials about MedShift. You have the right to unsubscribe from these communications, via the link provided in the e-mail. Our electronic communications sometimes contain “web beacons.” A web beacon is a miniature graphic image that is embedded in an email in HTML format. Based on the embedded web beacon, MedShift can recognize whether and when you open the email and which links you may have clicked on. Data collected through web beacons are stored and processed anonymously for statistical purposes. The corresponding statistics are used to optimize content and communications with you.
D. How We Use Cookie Data
This Site uses data cookies to simplify and improve your experience of our webpages. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or server, that exchange settings-related information with MedShift’s systems. A cookie normally contains the name of the domain from which the cookie data were sent, information about the cookie’s age, and an alphanumeric identifier.
Cookies are also used to collect information about how you navigate our Site, and what specific areas and products interest you. This information in-turn enables us to improve its websites and your online experiences. The information stored in the cookies is neither used to identify you nor is it combined with other stored personal data about you. Instead, we use aggregate cookie data to analyze and improve our website’s relevance and your user experience.
E. How We Use Google Analytics
F. How We Use Google Maps
Our Site uses Google Maps API, which uses your location to provide additional services and features that you choose to interact with— for example, displaying the locations of MedShift companies and medical specialists near you. If you access Google Maps on MedShift websites, technical data pertaining to your accessing the system (e.g. your postal code or IP address) may be transmitted to servers of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, which is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield framework.
If you do not wish to use Google Maps you should not use the integrated Google Maps feature in our websites or enter your address into the medical specialist locator tool.
G. How We Use Google Fonts
In order to reduce the loading times, some use fonts (“Google Fonts”) downloaded from the servers of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, which is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield framework. Generally if you access one of our Sites, then anonymous technical data pertaining to your accessing system will be transmitted to Google where it is cached and stored for one day.
H. How We Use YouTube Videos
Our Site sometimes displays YouTube videos. YouTube is a service offered by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, which is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield framework. You can prevent the transmission of your data to Google by not clicking on the YouTube videos integrated into the Site.
I. Data We Collect on Social Media
J. Sharing Your Personal Data
MedShift does not sell, trade, rent, or share your personal information with third-party organizations other than those with which we partner in order to provide you with great MedShift products and services. For example, we will only send your contact information to physicians in our network if you request to receive additional information from them. MedShift may also share personal data with authorized third-party service providers that perform services for us to help us manage our business and provide goods and services to our customers. For example, we may use service providers to host, maintain, and operate the websites, manage social media profiles, send communications, conduct research, manage and analyze data, and perform other services for us. If we share your personal information with third-party service providers, we do not authorize them to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the intended purpose.
K. Data Retention and Storage
MedShift retains your information for business purposes, for as long as your account is active, or as long as is reasonably necessary to provide you with our products and services. MedShift will also retain your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
L. Collection of Information from Children
The MedShift recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy and safety of children. Our website and services are primarily directed towards the general audience and are not directed towards children. We do not knowingly collect information about children under the age of 13 however there are some instances where we may collect information, but we will make sure parental consent is achieved beforehand. A parent or guardian of a child may contact us at (800) 980-0522 and ask for our Privacy Office to request that we delete such information.
M. International Transfer of Personal Information
In addition MedShift may share customer information within our family of companies for a variety of purposes, for example to provide you with the latest information about our products and services and offer you our latest promotions. This may involve the transfer of personal data to other locations outside your home country to other MedShift companies in different locations around the world. MedShift complies with all national data transfer laws.
O. Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
- You have the right to access your personal information. You may request a copy of your personal information, which, upon proper verification of your identity, we will provide in a readily useable format, if feasible, that allows you to transmit this information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
- You have the right to know what personal information we collect, where we obtained the information, and who we shared it with. Specifically, you may request to review categories of (1) personal information we collect about you, (2) sources for the personal information we collect about you, (3) business or commercial purposes for collecting that personal information and, (4) the names of third-party service providers with which we have shared your personal information for a MedShift related business purpose.
- You have the right to correct your personal information. You may review and amend personal information if you believe it may be out of date or incorrect, unless prohibited by law.
- You have a limited right to object to, restrict, or withdraw your consent from the processing of your personal information. We may continue to process your personal information, even if you have opposed the processing, if we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which overrides your privacy interest or if we have a legal obligation to do so.
- You have a limited right to delete your personal information. Depending on the nature of the data, deletion may consist of erasing, aggregating, or anonymizing your information. After we receive your verified request, we will delete and direct our service providers to delete your personal information, unless we are legally prohibited from doing so.
P. Right to Equal Treatment
MedShift will not discriminate against you, in any form, if you choose to exercise one of your rights listed above.
Q. Lodging a Complaint with a Regulator
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority competent for your country or region.
S. Contact Information
If you have any problems, questions, or ideas, please contact:
525 N Tryon St Suite 1600
Charlotte, NC 28202